Kim Possible Live action? - Page 10
Global Justice Alliance

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kim Possible Live action?

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Just watched it, and... it was okay. Felt like a rather decompressed episode, though. It did feel like it was moving slow at points.

The actors and characterizations were pretty decent for the most part, but this version of Mr. Barkin just feels off to me.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I haven't seen it yet, but I will catch it on streaming somewhere. I've been really busy with the new job and studying for boards so I've kind of retreated from normal life for a while. Good to see you again, AinoMinako. I love it when we can get some of the original crowd back into the forum, even if temporarily. That's the positive thing about being able to bring back KP in any form like this. We can hope for more.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Just watched it, and... it was okay. Felt like a rather decompressed episode, though. It did feel like it was moving slow at points.
    I have to agree with this. From about 0:50 minutes to about 1:05 it dragged a lot.

The actors and characterizations were pretty decent for the most part, but this version of Mr. Barkin just feels off to me.
    Again, I agree. I liked all the performances except Barkin. I would offer just one quibble about Shego: rarely did she seem to be feeling 100% on the cat suit. The attitude that cartoon Shego always projected wasn't there.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I don't know; she seemed particularly snarky to me - especially when she was commenting on Drakken's plans. She showed him no mercy there, just like in the animated series.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I don't know; she seemed particularly snarky to me - especially when she was commenting on Drakken's plans. She showed him no mercy there, just like in the animated series.
    Oh, her dialog was well written and her delivery of the lines was fine. I just meant she didn't physically inhabit the role the way she should have. It just didn't seem as if she was comfortable standing and moving in the bodysuit.
    Last edited by campy; 02-17-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Registered User Senior Member MrDrP's Avatar
    My son, who is 12 and is very much a fan of the animated series, responded with a "meh" when the movie over. My wife and I were more charitable, perhaps because we prepared ourselves for a dumpster fire, which is fortunately not what we got. Instead, we were treated to a decent live-action made-for-TV movie. Ultimately, we would have preferred a big budget, Marvel-quality theater release, but that's not what was in the cards.

Some things were on. Kim grew on us as the movie wore on and Ron did too. We could see them as teenaged best friends and, shipper that I am, I could see them getting together.

I thought the school was spot on, right down to the gag-message sign out front, and I'm glad the exterior of the Possibles' house looked the one we know from the series.

Kim's quick change was a nice gag.

Soccer seemed to be a reasonable 2019 change from cheerleading, though it was cheerleading that leavened with martial arts gave Kim her skills.

I loved Patton Oswalt. It was great to have him back as Dementor, but what was with his outfit? That didn't work.

Drakken and Shego were a bit off. My son lost know time in noticing the absence of a pony tail on Dr. D and the lack of color, while understandable from a production viewpoint, was disappointing. Shego was pretty well cast and played, but something was missing. Somebody elsewhere noted she never uses nicknames for Kim and the banter was not really there, either.

The plot? Okay, but not really original, more of a Life Lesson kind of thing.

Athena? Is she the replacement for Monique as the Character With No Last Name? I agree with some of the criticisms offered about Kim's response. She'd kick biscuit, not break down and cry.

Rufus, well, the mole rate really was CGI. A different and more plausible origin story but that just rendered some of the Naked Mole Rap lyrics obsolete.

My biggest complaint. Barkin. Where was Patrick Warburton who would have been perfect? Instead of a booming ex-military man, we have a wheedling cat lover? Really? REALLY? Uh, no.

The movie was better than expected but to me it was more of an homage than a reboot.

If they do make another film, I just pray the Drakken we see at the end of this one is not reprised.