How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 14
Global Justice Alliance

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    My holiday preparations are now complete.
    All my hand-made ornaments are done; the ones I'm taking with to give to my friends on Christmas Eve are packaged up in gift bags, along with the other gifts I have for them.
    All my shopping is done, too - most folks on my list will either get gift cards, or cash in those cute little greeting-card gift holders (for either currency or gift cards).
    The only thing I have left to do is box up the ornaments & gifts for relatives who are out of town and mail them, but that can wait until the weekend after Christmas (it's okay - we usually exchange gifts with those folks after the holidays, anyway).
    I really wish I'd gotten the ornaments completed earlier - each year, I rush to get them done in time which leaves me almost no time to sit back and enjoy the season. I swear, next year I'm going to start building them in August! (Don't laugh - there were a couple of years when I was unemployed, where I actually did build my ornaments in the summer & fall - it helped me pass the time while searching for a job! One year, I remember working on my ornaments on Halloween - I could hear the kids coming to the door, ringing the bell and saying, "Trick or treat!")
    At least now I can relax a little before the holiday begins.....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I still have the one you gave me, TWD. A very slow day at the office. Only one patient for the morning. The rest of the day I spent taking it easy at home, playing on the computer....Usually it treats me right.......
    Last edited by jeriddian; 01-04-2020 at 03:18 AM.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs campy & I went into Boston for another Symphony concert. Luckily the weather was really nice for January, as we walked around a bit before and after the music.

Slow day at work because of the New Year, and our getting caught up with the end-of-the-month files that were due. So my boss told us we could all go home early today. I clocked out at 4:45 PM, instead of 5:30. Sad thing is, because I'm a temp, I won't get paid for the whole day (neither will I get paid for the holidays, or any sick days I might have).

Well, I missed out on another full work day again - all because I sprained a back muscle! As I drove to work this AM, I felt a pain in my lower back on the right-hand side. It kept hurting, even after I got to work & got out of the car. The worst pain hit me as I was finishing up in the washroom. I stood up to get off of the "throne," and ZAP! A v-e-r-y sharp pain shot through my back. It was so strong, I literally could not move for a minute or two. I managed to get out of the washroom and back to my desk, where I bravely tried to keep working in spite of the pain, but no such luck. About 10:30 local time, I finally gave up and told my boss about my dilemma and that I needed to go see a doctor. Fortunately, she raised no objections; she simply said, "Go!" She was very sympathetic and understanding.
    So I went to an immediate-care facility run by the hospital my doctor was associated with, and the M.D. who examined me said it was indeed a muscle sprain. She prescribed some ibuprofen pills to take as needed (600 MG every six hours), as well as some Lidocain patches to apply to my lower back (use one for 12 hours once a day). She also renewed my Losartan prescription for high blood pressure (I needed that - my previous 'scrip had expired, and my primary-care physician's no longer with that hospital/medical group).
    So I went home, took my medicine, applied a patch, and lay down for the rest of the day.
    I feel somewhat better now - the pain's subsided although my back is still sore, thanks to the pills and the patch. Putting cold packs on the area has helped, too.
    Now I'm debating whether I should go to work tomorrow, or just call in sick. I can always get a doctor's note from the immediate-care office if my employer needs one; I'm just concerned about losing a day's pay by not going into work.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Today I washed off the deck at campy condo, and brought the outdoor table & chairs up from the basement and washed them too.

Daughter in San Francisco reports that, efforts to turn the baby head-down having failed, our California Girl grandchild will be delivered via Caesarean two weeks from tomorrow (if not sooner).
    Hope everything goes well with the birth of your grandchild. Grading papers this weekend and gearing up to do taxes.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Saw the Superbowl with friends. Had a good time. Sorry about your back, TWD. Hope it goes better.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We had to take our grandson to urgent care this afternoon. He's prone to dislocations of the elbow (Nursemaid's elbow) and had a bad one today. His father couldn't fix it, and the first doctor to see him failed in four tries. Luckily they had a nurse practitioner on duty who has lots of experience with the technique, and she got it back in place.

Little down in the weather today and then had to put myself through the agony of using OLT.com to do my taxes--big mistake. They have a very clunky interface. I much preferred H and R Block's but I can't file with them this year. Hate doing taxes even if I get a refund because it's a pain in the rear! Sorry, today's a grumble day.

Finished my laundry today; then went outside to clean the snow off my car before it could freeze overnight. Updated/balanced my checkbook; and after dinner I sat down to watch the Academy Awards ceremony (I do this every year). After the Oscars, I made my lunch for work tomorrow. The only thing I didn't get done this weekend was go & get a haircut - I'll do that after work one night this coming week.
    Oh, and my back feels much better - miraculously, the pain from where I sprained it has subsided. I don't feel any pain there now. However, my right knee has been giving me problems ever since my back twinged. I've been taking the ibuprofen the doc originally prescribed for my back to treat the knee, and the Saturday after I hurt my back, I used one of the Lidocain patches on that knee. At times, it even hurts when I lay down in bed at night, no matter what position I lie in.
    But I'm not going back to Mom's chiropractor like I did the day after I hurt my back - I don't think she can help me with the knee. Besides, I really don't feel comfortable seeing her anyway.