How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 21
Global Justice Alliance

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Got a haircut today (Mrs. campy's stylist makes house calls) and went to the local farm for some fresh eggs.

Grades have been completed. Now comes the pleading, wailing, and gnashing of teeth until I submit the final grades tonight before going to bed. Then, it's full bore on the next chapter of Double Entendre. Also, I'll be moving in the near future. As I'm living alone now, the house I'm currently in has just gotten too big for me--it's too old and stuff is beginning to break down so it's time to downsize. Found what looks like a nice place close to where I'm living now and am planning to meet up with the realtor soon to take a look at the inside and go on from there. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    Wish me luck!
    Good luck! Mrs. c and I went through that process four years ago and ended up in the campy condo, and we couldn't be happier.

Of course, part of that is because drunk drivers used to crash their SUVs into our house.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Since one of my co-workers did not come in today, I handled his workload of files to print & close. Polished off 51 of those suckers; would have gotten at least another 10 done if I hadn't had to stop & sanitize the lunch room twice (what I do daily).
    My next two Longmire books arrived two days early! Just in time, too - I finished off The Cold Dish this afternoon at work during lunch. Now I can read the next tome, Death Without Company, instead of rereading my copy of Return Of The Jedi's novelization (that book was the first thing I grabbed off the shelf).

I picked up some wine I had ordered from our favorite local wines & spirits shop (their motto is "Never Drink Ordinary"), then I went grocery shopping.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Of course, part of that is because drunk drivers used to crash their SUVs into our house.
    Boy, do I remember that! That was some picture you posted of that SUV halfway into your living room (?) it was. I moved into my present residence in Denton a year ago this July 1. After the sale of one of my other investments, I managed to pay off the mortgage this February. I really like this house.

Not much going on today. Rebuilding one of my old computers has taken most of my time.
    "Say the Word"

We shopped at the warehouse club this morning, and then I had a Facetime visit with my primary care physician. (Just routine)

My original plan for today had been to fly to San Francisco for a few days, and then on Sunday on to Hawaii, but that changed.
    Last edited by campy; 05-07-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Just got done with my daily one-hour exercise time on the stationary bike. Work's done for the next few weeks, although I'll probably start doing some light prep work for my B session courses--thankfully, most of the work is already done I just have to copy and paste from the last course and change up assignments and exam questions so that this semester's students don't get the bright idea of checking with friends who've already taken the course. My niece is moving up from first graders to fifth graders this fall--still not sure if she'll be teaching face to face or online though. I think a lot's going to depend on what happens in June as to where we'll be in fall.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I spent an entire day in the file room at work today. Very little in the way of new folders being made, due to a big holiday week in Japan (Golden Week, I think they call it). It gave me a chance to finally get the place caught up - well, mostly. I still have a box full of file folders to sort & file in drawers; as well as a bunch of new folders to go into the temporary racks on top of the file cabinets (no drawers for those yet). But I did manage to finish putting the rest of one series of folders into the drawers I emptied for them last Friday. I then emptied ten more drawers & boxed up their contents so's to have room for the next series - their cabinet-top racks were getting full to bursting. It was a lot of physical labor; as a result my back is sore and my knees ache a bit. I'm sure I'll sleep soundly tonight!
    I also updated my checkbook and ordered a new model on-line from SkyMarks - it's a United Boeing 727-100 in their 1960's paint scheme.

Was supposed to be in the City By the Bay today, but we Facetimed with our littlest grandchild today. She called me "Grandpa [name]" for the first time!