How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 32
Global Justice Alliance

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today I scrubbed the fixtures in the 2nd-floor bathroom; ran to Smarty-Mart to pick up some more batteries (AA & AAA size); Picked my brother up at the shop where he left his Jeep (getting his transmission rebuilt); conducted a Windycon meeting on-line; and carved a jack o' lantern for tomorrow. And I checked my e-mails for any job offers (still nothing).
    All in all, a busy but productive day.
    And tomorrow I go grocery shopping.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Extended family are staying with us for another few days since their house is still not livable. The kids are having difficulty dealing with the situation lots of meltdowns and drama.

I vacuumed out my Volvo just to get some peace and quiet this afternoon.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I spent the day sitting my favorite restaurant and wrote another half-chapter for my novel. If I'm not eating, I wear a mask. Fortunately, the social distancing appears to be the best strategy to avoid contamination, so the mask doesn't really make that much difference.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Working on chapter 71 of 'The Hunter Book 2'

Grandkids & I went to a "Mud Jam" at a nearby farm today. People paid $25 for the chance to drive into & out of a muddy pit. We just watched.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Grandkids & I went to a "Mud Jam" at a nearby farm today. People paid $25 for the chance to drive into & out of a muddy pit. We just watched.
    O-o-kay - folks paying $25 for a chance to get their cars stuck in the mud. Sounds as if those fools have plenty of bucks to burn there. No, thanks - I can find better uses for that much cash.

As for my day:
    I helped my brother take down our outdoor Halloween decorations. Then I put the storm windows on our back porch in preparation for winter, while he tuned up the snow blower and made sure it works (it does).
    I also did some more work on my novel tonight. It's still a long way from being finished....

Today I called the bank servicing my new mortgage to set up my online access. It turned out they gave me a new account number which differed from the one they gave me last month when we signed the paperwork, so I kept getting errors when I tried to sign up using the old number.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Just wrote and played the telecaster

Good news on the health front: The foley catheter I've been attached to the past couple of weeks is gone now--what a relief! My heart appears to be back in rhythm, so the ablation was apparently a success. There's some scarring and other things the doctor said that they're going to have to keep an eye out on so I might be looking at a pacemaker in the future--but that's off in the future. Enrollment for Spring Semester began last week. I've got one class almost filled, but the other three are lagging as they're electives. Hopefully enrollment for them will pick up in the next couple of weeks or so. The first part for the summer Double Entendre story is nearly done--I have to add the final touches and do some dressing up before posting it--I'm hoping to have it up next week. Future parts will include Liz's first chess tournament, Steve and Jessica at the beach, Bonnie and Monique bonding, Kim and Ron paying a visit to NaNa Possible, and Tara and Hope visiting England.

Steve and Jessica at the beach
    This smacks of fan service. At least I hope it does.