How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 41
Global Justice Alliance

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    I have a friend whose parents are from Mexico, when we meet he brings a good bottle of Tequila, I usually bring a bottle of Glenfarclas 17year. I drink his offering while he drinks mine.

Registered User Senior Member
    My niece's husband is Mexican. She's gotten to be very good at fixing traditional Mexican dishes--learning them from her mother-in-law.

Tomorrow oral surgeon, he's gonna put the temporary screw in for the implant. Next week....jury duty.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    Tomorrow oral surgeon, he's gonna put the temporary screw in for the implant. Next week....jury duty.
    Take a couple of good books with you to read. You may have to sit all day in the courthouse without being selected for a jury. That's what happened to me back in the early 90's, when I lived in Cook County, IL. I spent a whole day at the main county courthouse on Go City's southwest side, but wasn't picked. I read through one and a half books before being told to go home. I did get paid for my time, however, and also got to go take a look at a helicopter that landed on the top level of the courthouse's parking garage (it was right across the street) before I went home.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Too bad you don't live in Massachusetts, Sentinel103. People age 70 can refuse jury duty here.

Only 69, but I'd probably do it anyway. Heck they don't even wanna give out shots except to doctors, nurses and police. The governor doesn't care about the little guys.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well. I got mine. The Moderna vaccine. I do see patients who are infected though.
    "Say the Word"

Good, in a few weeks you get your second one. I've always said, get medical personnel, food service, teachers and first responders vaccinated first because they take care of the rest of us.

Registered User Senior Member
    I got some bad news from work: I got too many credit hours in this academic year, so my summer courses have been cut. SACCS--the accrediting committee, suddenly decided to enforce the credit limit for instructors after years of not doing so. Right now, it's not affecting anything as I wasn't scheduled for any summer courses until the end of June where I had four scheduled, but in a couple of months I'm going to need to see if I can dig up a summer tutorial job or two barring a break of some sort. My department chair's putting out feelers with a couple of neighboring community colleges, so I'm hopeful I can snag a course or two--that's really all I need. Goal right now is to try to keep teaching a relatively full workload for a few more years and then fully retire and scale back to one or two courses a semester.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I did my share of the family grocery shopping today, in the midst of the ongoing snowstorm that hit Go City. Then I got two packages - one in the mail, and one from Amazon: The one in the mail was a CD player-boom box that I ordered through Publisher's Clearing House; the Amazon package held the next two Longmire books I ordered this past week. Then we ordered Chinese food for dinner.