How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 47
Global Justice Alliance

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Quiet today, gonna be in Dallas Fort Worth Labor Day weekend.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yesterday morning I did an on-line interview with a prospective employer, and that afternoon, they hired me! I'll be sorting, scanning, and boxing up files according to whether they'll be saved, stored, or destroyed. I've done that sort of job before, so it's nothing new. My tentative start date is Monday, April 19. I spent several hours last night filling out forms on-line as part of what they refer to as their "on-boarding" process - all new hires go through that. Now I can delete all those e-mails I get regarding job offers (most of which are for jobs I'm not qualified for in the first place)!
    Today I went to vote in our municipal election (have to pick a new mayor) and am doing my laundry.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Went to taekwondo class. The master told me that I was scheduled to grade a testing in May. The first time since March of 2020.

Registered User Senior Member
    Waiting on authorization for my surgery. There was a foulup in the processing, so it might get pushed back. The authorization came through, so it's looking like the surgery is a go for tomorrow. If all goes well, I should be back home Friday afternoon.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Good luck on your surgery, David!

As for my day, well, Mom "laid down the law" this morning and demanded that I box up some stuff from my room & overfilled closet, so I could cart it off to my storage cubicle. So that's what I did all day. I managed to get three big tubs filled with stuff, along with one smaller tub, and I'll be taking them out to the cubicle tomorrow. Sure hope it won't be raining too hard while I'm out there.....

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. campy wants to replace her 2007 Saab, so we went test driving today. We tried a Mercedes C-Class, a BMW 3 Series, an Audi A4, and a Jaguar XE. So far BMW and Audi are the favorites.

Registered User Senior Member
    Back from the hospital. Feeling a little sore, but the pacemaker's working okay. I have to be careful about overexerting myself for the next week or so, but so far, so good.

We went out to test drive a Volvo S60 today. This car is basically the same as the XC60 SUV we own now except in sedan form. It even had the same blonde leather seats as our SUV. Now we're waiting for this really well-equipped BMW to show up at a nearby dealer. He claims it should arrive "any day now." I suspect he's jerking us around.

Not much occurred, prepared garbage for pickup tomorrow. Watered petunias and pansies. They are *last* year's flowers that did not die. How they survive 20 F degree winters frozen in a shed I do not know. My "annuals" live for 2-3 years. So they will just go back outside, again. Plus, they spread countless babies inside the pots. Last year I gave away flowers by the bucket full.

Well, Mrs. campy has decided she wants a BMW. Now we just have to find one that has all the features we want. Apparently it's hard to find them with adaptive cruise control, which I declared is a must.