How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 50
Global Justice Alliance

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    At work, I sorted a bunch of employee records alphabetically by last name, then I put them into manila file folders for my boss to sort thru to see if those folks were still employed, or terminated. And if they were terminated, and it was long enough ago that they left, then those files can be sent to the shredder. Still-active files will go back to HR to be put in file cabinets.
    What I'm doing is cleaning out old records at this client's old factory here in the 'burbs of Go City. The client has sold the property and will vacate it in November, but it's been used as a "dumping site" for all sorts of boxes & cabinets of files from other sites that have also shut down. And now the client wants to sort through all those records to see what needs to be saved & what should be destroyed. And that's how I'll be spending the next few months. On the bright side, this job's only six and a half miles from my home, and the pay's real good - so I can't really complain.

Registered User Senior Member
    You're working and getting paid and that's always a good thing. Finished grading exams and projects this morning. Still have a couple of people who can't make deadlines--lucky for them, I work in a little wiggle room before I have to submit final grades. So far, so good with the new pacemaker/defibrillator.

More sorting and listing HR files today. Gets tedious at times, going through boxes of file folders and individual documents to see what's what. But it needs to be done, so the HR folks can decide what needs to be kept. I just wish the folks who boxed this stuff up in the first place had done a better job of it....

Registered User Senior Member
    Grades submitted and done until fall.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Today, guitar lesson I have a couple new (for me) songs that we have to go over and working on more difficult chords. Then this weekend I get to grade a martial arts testing. Fun all around.

I got three more boxes of HR files out of our "storeroom" and sorted through two of them by day's end. I'll work on the third one tomorrow. I might just go & get two more boxes while I'm at it.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    One of my smoke detectors in the condo started "chirping" this morning, so I went to the warehouse store for new 9 volt batteries and replaced them in the 6 smoke detectors and all 3 of our CO2 detectors. I also replaced the battery in the garage door keypad while I was at it. I figured if one battery went bad the rest would probably follow soon.

The battery ones we have (there has to be a smoke detector in each room here) either have 10 year batteries or 110V with battery backup and are supposed to communicate with each other.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Ours certainly communicate. I had the 6th one off the ceiling for a few minutes while I opened a 2nd package of batteries, and the others (which already had fresh 9-volts) started chirping to warn of the open circuit.

The battery life on ours is 10 years.