How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 26
Global Justice Alliance

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I managed to get some of my large pile of deposit bottles redeemed today. It's been difficult, since the machines at the supermarket I usually go to always seem to be full. But today I tried a different place and got lucky.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, I'm back at work in Oregon. I'll be here until August 1. It's going pretty well.
    "Say the Word"

Last week of classes for summer semester. I've got a weekend's worth of exams to grade and then submit the grades next week and I'm done until fall starts in about three weeks. Got a good report from the cardiologist. My weight's down to the lowest it's been in...well...a long time. He's also taking me off the lasik and enalapril. Still have my ablation surgery scheduled for the August 10, but I hope to have a few more edited parts for "Double Entendre" posted on ff.net by then. After getting the story published there, it's on to summertime. A couple of previews of coming attractions: Everyone meets Felix in person; Nana tells Kim about an adventure she had with Steed and Tara King the elder; Hope gets to meet Steed, Mrs. Peel, and Tara the elder in the flesh; and...oh yes...Shego...will she come out of her coma and when she does--how deep a hole should Drakken dig for himself? And...naturally...we have to have a 4th of July picnic--no pandemic, so no masks or social distancing in this universe!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I did some clean-up in my room today - some papers & junk that I just let grow over time. I ended up throwing out three-fourths of what I had; the rest I was able to put neatly away. I found a few items I forgot I had, and even uncovered a gift a friend mailed me that I almost threw away. It was a sheet of Star Trek "Forever" postage stamps that the USPS issued four years ago to commemorate the show's 50th anniversary. Something told me to open that envelope when I felt what was inside it, and I'm glad I listened. I put the sheet of stamps in a clear plastic page protector, so it will be safe until I find a good place to stash it.
    That reminded me of last Monday when I was re-reading some books about the moon landing to celebrate Apollo 11's 51st anniversary. I have a loose-leaf binder in which I've saved various photo prints and news clippings about that day in 1969. I was putting a sheet of stamps Mom bought me commemorating Apollo 11's 50th anniversary into the binder, when I discovered a sheet of stamps I'd bought a quarter-century ago, for the 25th anniversary celebration. I'd forgotten I had those stamps, too! But there they were, safely tucked in a page protector, in amongst my other Apollo 11 mementos.
    Just goes to show what can happen when you do a little cleaning, huh?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Two more days in Oregon. I did a week of hospital and call. Now I'm just doing office. I fly home Saturday
    "Say the Word"

Wrapped up the last web conference with my students just now. Only had two show up for the live session, but that's okay--we had a good session. This was one of the best semester's I've had teaching--the students were, for the most part, eager and ready to learn and it's been a joy teaching them. I hope we can go back to face-to-face sessions one day soon though--I really do miss the interactions you get with a live classroom--web conferences just don't give you that same human interaction as being in person.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The campy condo is returning to the 21st century this afternoon after 20 hours without electricity following yesterday's windstorm.

The doctor moved my ablation surgery to the 31st, and final grades for summer have been submitted.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Took out the trash; went to the hardware store for Mom, and that's about it.
    Still no job offers....