How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 12
Global Justice Alliance

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Nana & I went apple picking with the grandchildren this morning.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I had a decent day. I made rounds at the dialysis unit, managed to catch everyone there. Then I went and visited my dungeon master to go over the maps of the dwarven dungeon realm I have been slowly turning into a 3D model. Looks pretty good.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I went back to work today after calling in sick yesterday. Today did not get off to a good start as I was stuck in a traffic jam for 18 minutes (trying to go just one mile!) - road construction where North Ave. crosses IL. Route 83 out by where I live. I barely got to work on time because of that. And then I ended up mostly filing folders away, in both the upstairs and downstairs file rooms, because I had very few new folders to process at my desk.
    But I did get some good news - late tonight, the Guest Liaison for Windycon released the last two dealer tables I'd been holding for guests of honor so I could sell them - and with forms and check just arrived from two more dealers, there's a very good chance that the Dealer's Room will be sold out for this year already.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    My Mom is dying. SHe has a few days, maybe hours. She became horribly sick and ended up airlifted to an ICU four hours away from home. I'm hopefully going there to visit this weekend. What do you wear, what do you say when you see your Mom for the last time ever?

At least I was able to speak very briefly to her via phone just after admittance. She said that I was going to be alright after she is gone. Before she hung up I told her I would see her later. I couldn't say goodbye. Just couldn't.

Didn't make it. About 12 hrs. after this post I got a phone call from her. Mom said she could not take the pain any longer, and if it was OK if she just let go. She was holding on to see me but could not do so. I told her I understood, and she could die. So the call ended after our goodbyes/I love yous. Then I dropped the phone and had the most convulsive, explosive attack of grief ever while making noises that were inhuman.

And so, that's how this week ended. And now comes the aftermath of this disaster. Anyway, thanks to all for listening.

We're here for you. BB.
    "Say the Word"

My work day has been steadily settling down. My practice is slowly growing. The office is gradually smoothing the learning curve (we have a couple of new nurses who are learning the ropes, and they are getting there.) The house is slowly coming together. I've finally modified my record cabinet to accept the proper pane glass sliding doors. Now it's just a matter of getting new ones made as the heights are different. My health seems to be slowly recovering as ell. I really overdid it with this last move and made myself sick, I think. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Computer had a fit, seems like a windows file was corrupted while it was installing an update. Had to take it in.

That's a tough one, Sentimel. You pretty much have to wipe the drive and put a fresh copy of the OS back on the computer. Sometime, you get lucky though. Hope there was nothing important to be lost.

I've got a couple days of PTO that I'm on now, which is a nice break. I used the time to complete some CME's which will give me some discounts on my Malpractice insurance. I also hace to put togather a dmall ten minute talk about some applicable subject (I haven't decided the topic yet) that I need to present next week to mid-levels and primary care docs about a topic in Nephrology. I'm not real enthused about that, but it will help with referrals. In the meantime I am gradually working on my 3D model of the dungeon I've played in for the last forty years. I've been at it for more than a year now, adding on a bit at a time here and there. I'm actually getting toward the end of the project, at least the initial phase. But every structure in then original maps will be created. And it is impressive. None of us, when we started this game back then, had any idea of the scope of this world our DM created.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. campy & I finally took advantage of the half-price MBTA fares for seniors and went into Boston yesterday. We heard the Boston Symphony in concert and had dinner in a French restaurant.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I had a fairly good day. Did my laundry, and ran a few errands in my car. I also made my hotel room reservation for Windycon. Couldn't get out yesterday afternoon due to the street being closed for the neighborhood block party, otherwise I'd have run my errands then.