How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 28
Global Justice Alliance

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Well, I've been in Oregon for a week. I did the outpatient office. Tomorrow, I start the hospital service. The work has been pretty light. The town is nice, but there's not much to do here despite it being a college town. Gorgeous scenery of course.
    Any riots? (Excuse me, I mean "mostly peaceful demonstrations"?)
    Nah.... Those are all up in the west part of Portland, the poorer part. That's about 90 miles north of this little town. Down here things are a little more sedate (conservative), I think.
    "Say the Word"

Had appointments this week with both the surgeon who took out my gall bladder and my cardiologist--both went well. I'm healing up nicely. My cardiologist is retiring soon though, which means I'm going to have to break in a new doctor. Thankfully, my current cardiologist's nurses will be going to my new doctor so I'll have some continuity--that's really important for me as I've had my current cardiologist since 2011. Adding a new section to the last chapter of Double Entendre, I'm hoping to have it up by the first of next week and then reworking the epilogue and the story will be fully updated and posted on ff.net as well as AO3.

I'm finishing up my two weeks in Oregon and I'll be home this coming Tuesday. Then I have to see about getting my AC replaced. That's going to take a while, so I have to get a window unit temporarily.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Got the new guitar, turned 69, writing chapter 66 on Book 2 of The Hunter and waiting out the pandemic. Been off for a while but hope to be back on more often (too many irons in the fire).

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I updated the maps in my Volvo's nav system while driving to the library to return a borrowed DVD set.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Had Thursday and Friday scheduled off from work, so I'm in the midst of a 5-day weekend (though now it's more than half over...).

This morning, I went and got some insect killer spray to deal with an annoying cricket hiding in my basement.

I'm home now for four days. Got a window unit to cool the living room. It does a good enough job. Still trying to arrange for the AC to get replaced. I have to put in a wider attic ladder first....
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yesterday I went grocery shopping in the morning; then just took care of things around the house. Today I had to go back to the store for a few more grocery items - found two of the three I was looking for (no corn on the cob; the truck that was to deliver that still hadn't arrived today). Now I'm just poking around on the internet.

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    As always I spent the day writing, 'The Hunter' is in book 2. I also spent about 3 hours on the guitar. Come spring it looks like I have to take over a local charity organization for 2 years. It's like herding mole rats....I guess I didn't lead a clean enough life.

Quiet weekend and back to work. Light day today though. The students will be submitting their work most likely a few hours before deadline on Friday--par for the course. I've been working on "Kiss of the Raptor", my Star Trek Online/Mass Effect crossover this week as there's been a lot of demand for me to continue the story. Don't worry though, I'm sketching out the summer interlude episodes for the Double Entendre crew--it's just that the people following "Kiss" have been very patient and I don't want to continue disappointing them and V'lana, Kaidan, et al have been screaming at me! I'm also going to have to break in a new cardiologist as mine is retiring the end of next month. Otherwise, things have been going okay accounting for the fact that it's 2020.