How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 19
Global Justice Alliance

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Found out today that the reason my office was closed was for extensive deep cleaning, and they're not quite ready to let us few back in yet.
    That's OK; where I work we have some people in an office a mile down the road from us, while others are working from home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. AND those of us left in the home office have been directed to move into different cubicles to spread us even further apart! And since I'm one of the few people left in our home office, I got stuck with the task of sanitizing the office break room twice a day. Every day at 11 AM and 3 PM (local time), I spray down the tables, countertops, refrigerator and microwave door handles with a water/bleach mixture, then wipe them down with paper towels. It takes me about 20-22 minutes each time to do this. Of course, I wear a pair of heavy rubber gloves (the reusable type meant for cleaning jobs) when I clean everything.
    I'll be glad when all this craziness is over - I mean I understand the need to do this, but it's not fun. And it's a very weird feeling to be working every day in a mostly-empty office.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    My cardiologist says the readings from the 48 hour monitor indicate a heart flutter to go with my a-fib. He's referring me to my electro-cardiologist. Might not necessarily mean a pacemaker, but rather they might go with ablation.
    Ablation is good....not always permanent, but it usually works pretty well. The pacer would be the backup then.

Another day in prison (LOL), spending all day on the computer doing 3D art work, watching a little bit of the boob tube, eating light, and taking it easy. Weather getting better. I'll probably go out and work on the yard some this weekend.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    Found out today that the reason my office was closed was for extensive deep cleaning, and they're not quite ready to let us few back in yet.
    That's OK; where I work we have some people in an office a mile down the road from us, while others are working from home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. AND those of us left in the home office have been directed to move into different cubicles to spread us even further apart! And since I'm one of the few people left in our home office, I got stuck with the task of sanitizing the office break room twice a day. Every day at 11 AM and 3 PM (local time), I spray down the tables, countertops, refrigerator and microwave door handles with a water/bleach mixture, then wipe them down with paper towels. It takes me about 20-22 minutes each time to do this. Of course, I wear a pair of heavy rubber gloves (the reusable type meant for cleaning jobs) when I clean everything.
    I'll be glad when all this craziness is over - I mean I understand the need to do this, but it's not fun. And it's a very weird feeling to be working every day in a mostly-empty office.
    Yeah, it's been pretty weird. I actually got the call early Wednesday morning that the cleaning had been finished and we were going back in, and had to play a little catch-up. On the plus side, I'm still getting paid even for the days we were closed, so I'm not worried about money at the moment (well, no more than normal).

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I found my virus stimulus payment in my bank account this morning.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I didn't qualify......
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member
    Got my Trumpbux yesterday. It's going to help pay bills.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    End of an era today: the 114th and last condo unit here at Klein Innsbruck still owned by the builder finally sold.

If I go missing for a while, I'll have gotten lost. I can't tell where to turn in now that the real estate sign is finally gone from the access road.

I spent the day in the file room, finishing off the work project I started yesterday. I managed to get the whole shebang caught up - finally, after about five or six weeks, during which the file folders just piled up what with no one to file them due to everybody being dispersed hither & yon for protection against the evil coronavirus. Ten more drawers of old files are now boxed up for storage downstairs; and all the new folders are in racks atop the filing cabinets awaiting their placement in file drawers. Hopefully, we won't let it go so badly in the future - of course, that all depends on how soon we can bring more folks back into the office once the "social distancing" rules are relaxed. Until then, we're just going to have to monitor that room a little closer than we have this past month and a half.

Also today, I discovered that what I thought was a chip in my car's windshield turned out to be nothing more than some gunk stuck on the outside, that the wipers couldn't get off. I managed to scrape it off with my fingernail. No need for an expensive repair job after all!
    Plus, I managed to order a replacement for my cable TV remote today. I broke it on Sunday, but couldn't turn it in at the local Xfinity store then due to the store's being closed during the pandemic. I should get the new remote in 3 to 5 business days.

Registered User Senior Member
    Health-wise things are improving. Doc changed my medication and that seems to be working. The edema's gone and I'm feeling more energized. Weight's down to a more manageable level--goal is to lose five pounds by the end of next month. Doing the weight loss the right way--slow and sure.

Yesterday I got my new cable remote in the mail - got it all set up to control both cable box & TV. It's not a voice remote like I had before, but I can live without that feature for a while. Once we get the economy up & running again (meaning the "non-essential" businesses are once more open to walk-in customers), I can always take my remote to an Xfinity store & "trade up" to a voice unit again.
    Today, I got my two new Longmire books in the mail - Craig Johnson's detective novels starring Walt Longmire, sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. I've already begun reading the first tome, Wait For Signs, a collection of short stories. I like it!! Mr. Johnson has an excellent writing style that pulls me into the stories & grabs my attention with colorful phrases and realistic, natural-sounding dialogue. I made myself stop after reading the first three stories because I didn't want to read the whole book in one sitting - it's that good.