How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 46
Global Justice Alliance

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Registered User Senior Member
    Had to read one of my classes the riot act about turning in work late. Thankfully, next week's Spring Break although I'll be grading midterms over the weekend. Keeping my ear to the ground too for summer tutorial jobs--I need about two more years of 3/4 to full time work and then I can switch into full retirement mode and just teach one or two courses a semester.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yesterday turned out good for me - I went to the doctor's office for my PSA blood test results, and my current level is 0.1. My doctor said I was a "poster boy" for this form of treatment, as it means I'm still cancer-free! He wants me to do another test in 6 months, then I'll get to check in on a yearly basis after that.
    And, in the afternoon, a FedEx truck dropped off an envelope for me. It was the title to my car! Last week on the 11th, I received the final invoice on my car loan, so I wrote a check and mailed it off the same day. I must admit, I didn't expect to get the title back so soon, but I'm not complaining - the car's now mine! All MINE! (which means I can start saving for another car right away....)

Right now, I'm doing my laundry while checking my e-mail for job offers.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Just another boring day......nothing special. But the weather's been good.
    "Say the Word"

Two of the best feelings in the world: Paying off your home mortgage and paying off your car and getting the titles to both. Midterms for my online American History 1 class are due today along with assignments for the other classes, so I'll be doing some grading during Spring Break. Looking at a possible summer job teaching SAT/ACT prep courses. Just need a little something to tide me over until Fall Semester. Pacemaker surgery right now is scheduled for April 8. They're probably going to keep me overnight for observation, but it's supposed to be easier than the ablation surgery I recently had--at least this time they're not going to be using general anesthesia, so I'm not going to have to be dealing with post-operative issues like my bladder which I did last time--I HATE Foley catheters! Going in on the 2nd of April for a 24 hour Holter monitor and Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    Two of the best feelings in the world: Paying off your home mortgage and paying off your car and getting the titles to both.
    Well, I know how it feels to do the latter! So congrats, David! Savor your successes!
    Today I went grocery shopping. I did it a day early because my VW dealer sent me an invite to go test-drive their new electric SUV, the ID.4, on Saturday. I've made an appointment to do the test drive at half past noon our time, so I'm going to go out there a little early. It'll give me a chance to look this car over. I've never driven an electric car before; this'll be a whole new experience for me. When VW introduced its big SUV, the Atlas, a couple of years ago, I went & test-drove that. And back in 2004, VW loaned me a 12-cylinder version of its Phaeton, a big luxury sedan that they tried to sell in the U.S., for a whole day. Now that I recall, I also test-drove a 2005 Passat at one dealer before I bought one for myself. So I've actually test-driven three new VW's, and this'll be the fourth one tomorrow.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Today I picked up orders of wine and eggs that I had placed earlier in the week.

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    So, recent events led me to drop my username "kyojikasshu", since I didn't feel right continuing to use the name anymore. So, thanks to jeriddian for honoring my request to revert back to my original user name here, which also happens to be my actual name.

As for the IRL me, I've got today and tomorrow off from work - using up the last of my carryover PTO from last year before it expires next week - and I ended up staying up until about 7 AM this morning. Since getting up, I had to break out my old scanner so I could upload some documents to address a matter regarding my financial debt. Fun, right?

Back in the classroom. Today's lecture: Beginning the lead up to the Civil War--the 1850s when we had the Three Stooges for presidents: Millard Fillmore (Larry); Franklin Pierce (Moe); and James Buchanan (Curly). Still tentatively scheduled for pacemaker surgery on the 8th. Will keep ya'll updated on that.

Back in the classroom. Today's lecture: Beginning the lead up to the Civil War--the 1850s when we had the Three Stooges for presidents: Millard Fillmore (Larry); Franklin Pierce (Moe); and James Buchanan (Curly). Still tentatively scheduled for pacemaker surgery on the 8th. Will keep ya'll updated on that.

Good one, David! That made me laugh out loud when I read it.

As for my day:

Ran some errands today - mailed a letter; refueled the car; bought stuff at the local bookstore; and did my laundry. Other than that, not much going on at Chez TWD.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Somethng tells me we're seeing that rut again.......
    "Say the Word"