How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 48
Global Justice Alliance

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Registered User Regular Member
    Up and down week so far. Had some diaphragm twitching from the pacemaker, but that seems to have settled down now. Taking it easy on the caffeine though to play it safe. Sister came down with Covid and it looks like her husband might be getting hit by it too. Just checked in on them. She's doing better but can't taste or smell anything. He's getting hit by it now, and my nephew so far isn't showing any symptoms. I got tested on Monday and got my results in today--negative, thank God. Had a minor scare when I went to get tested, I started feeling lightheaded when I went to check my mail before driving to the clinic. Turned the car back and drove back to my carport--it was only a few feet away. Tried to get out, but that didn't seem to be a good idea so I sat for about five minutes. Then started feeling better and was able to drive to the clinic and back (clinic is only a couple of miles away from my home as is the hospital). Ended up I was dehydrated (lasik to prevent edema combined with not drinking enough water--not very bright on my part). Feeling better today and have check up with Primary tomorrow and appt. to get incision area checked on Thurs. Needless to say, haven't been in much of a writing mood this week. Mostly resting and listening to classical music and watching old movies.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Had to order flowers, a member of my group...his brother died of Covid related problems then I found out this member's EX....her brother is in ICU with Covid and the two cases were not related. This pandemic is still real guys. The first ones are deniers and I haven't spoken with them. Other members of our group had to take the shot and are very mad about their rights being trampled.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    Had to order flowers, a member of my group...his brother died of Covid related problems then I found out this member's EX....her brother is in ICU with Covid and the two cases were not related. This pandemic is still real guys. The first ones are deniers and I haven't spoken with them. Other members of our group had to take the shot and are very mad about their rights being trampled.
    Sorry to hear about your losses there, Sentinel. There is certainly some tension in the country about the vaccinations. I wonder if they knew the history of how communicable disease has been handled in the past. If any of them caight tuberculosis, for example, those other members would be in for a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkyn
    Ended up I was dehydrated (lasik to prevent edema combined with not drinking enough water.)
    The balance between the right dose of lasx and the amount of hydration can be delicate. I've admiitted more patients than I can count due to either exacerbated congested heart failure from too much water (actually too much salt), and acute renal failure because there was too little.

Things are calming down at work. We have no COVID positive patients or staff now. Testing is reduced to once a month. I had a landscaping company come n and refurbish my front yard (trim the bushes, rake out the leaves form the beds, put in some mulch, etc.) It surprised me how much they trimmed though. The big freeze we juts had almost killed the three bigger bushes in the back. They had to be trimmed all the way down to their trunks. They say they should grow more limbs and leaves. So far I haven't seen it, but maybe I need to give it more time.
    "Say the Word"

Since I was employed by GM for 33 years I sorta get a deal on them. Never owned a foreign made auto....but then what is foreign now? All vehicles have parts in them from around the world.

Doing better now. no more diaphragm twitching and am off the lasik. Couple of more weeks left in the semester--writing up finals now.

Thanks Jerr, most of the people in my charity group are getting vaccinated. We are a touchy feely group and we like to meet in person. It is very difficult to not do so, but we are managing.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today I took a drive to check out the route to my new temp job (I'm starting tomorrow at 8 AM, our time). I discovered bridge construction along part of my route, but hopefully it won't snarl traffic too badly during the A.M. rush hour. The main reason I went on this little "scouting run" is so I familiarize myself with the roads I'm taking, and to take a good look at where I'll be working - what entrance to use; where to park - that sort of thing. That way, I won't be wasting time tomorrow morning blundering around while trying to find where I am on a map. I now know where it is, and can go directly to the building from home. Of course, it helps that I'm familiar with the area - I've driven that route, and been driven on it as well - quite a few times over the last few decades.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    Since I was employed by GM for 33 years I sorta get a deal on them. Never owned a foreign made auto....but then what is foreign now? All vehicles have parts in them from around the world.
    To be fair, you have a point, but I've never owned a foreign made either. It was either Ford, Dodge, or GM all the way. Presently Driving a Lincoln.
    "Say the Word"

Currently driving a Nissan I bought in 2012. I'm hoping this will be my last car--I hate shopping for cars. I've got less than 43 thousand miles on it, so I think I might be good to go for another five or ten years of driving. Delivering a web lecture on the Eisenhower and Kennedy administrations today--lots of Cold War with civil rights and some big cultural changes--rock and roll, television, the space race--fun stuff. The Cold War is one of my favorite periods to study in US history. Cleared to return to campus this week too.

I worked in maintenance for 33+ years servicing equipment used to make cars and trucks and I was pretty good at it, but over the years I stuck my head in boxes of parts because I was curious and I noticed over the last 20 years that parts come from all over the world. We were shut down for 2 weeks because a bridge had washed out in Mexico between us and the factory that made drive shafts.