How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 18
Global Justice Alliance

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Please accept my condolences for your loss, TWD.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Thanks, David & Jeriddian.

We've started all online instruction this week. Thankfully, my classes were about 75% geared for online anyway, so the transition wasn't that difficult--mostly working with students who are unfamiliar with the online learning system we use. We'll be strictly online this summer too and possibly fall. Gov. DeSantis has also issued a statewide shelter in place order although most of us were doing that anyway--except for a stupid minister in Tampa who insisted on holding a service in his megachurch. Had my labs done today too along with an echo. Thankfully, the shelter in place doesn't forbid me from taking my pre-dawn walks--about the only person out and about when I walk anyway is the newspaper carrier.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We braved the warehouse store again today. It was much less crowded than last time. We bought a 32-pack of toilet paper and some paper towels, plus foodstuffs.

We also went to two grocery stores looking for lentils since I discovered this morning we were low on them. The first store was picked clean of dried beans & such, but the other one had a few.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    I'd been deemed essential, since mail and packages can't scan or forward themselves (I'd been working in a mostly-empty office for a few weeks, with appropriate distancing and cleaning measures taken for the few of us who remained), but then Monday night I got notice from my manager that the entire building was closed until further notice. No further details yet. There are other companies in my building, though, so hopefully this is just precautionary on my company's part. Given that we've been supporting everyone else's ability to work from home, I'm sure it's been frustrating for them as well as us.

Got word that the echo recorded a lower heart rate so I've got to wear a 48 hour monitor beginning tomorrow. Depending how the reading turns out they're either going to have to alter my medication or I'm going to have to get a pacemaker.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    Got word that the echo recorded a lower heart rate so I've got to wear a 48 hour monitor beginning tomorrow. Depending how the reading turns out they're either going to have to alter my medication or I'm going to have to get a pacemaker.
    You are a little young for that, but it's not unknown

Continuing my self-isolation. I had groceries taken to me curbside at the store yesterday. It went pretty smoothly. Other than that, nothing going on. I'm almost looking forward to going back to work despite the risks.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We got a delivery of some meat from Omaha Steaks (we had a gift certificate) and it arrived in a cooler with some dry ice. I immediately chipped off a couple of pieces of the CO2 and am attempting to pop out two small dents in the roof of our Saab with them.