How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    Happy Happy Holidays.........

Visited my mom in the hospital today, she's been there 3 days now. Tomorrow I am told she will be sent to a nursing home for physical rehab. It is oonly supposed to be temporary.

Temporary
    Temporary
    I am hopng if I keep thinking that it will be true.

At least she looks & seems well-off. Maybe it's just the morphine. The battle with crippling arthritis and adema became unbearable in recent weeks. Just hoping specialized therapy can help her get back home. She definitely wants to do that, and resume a resonabley normal life.

We are a family of die hard fighters, so there's that. Everyone on bothe sides battled their health problems until literallly dropping dead.

4 me the meds I take at least keeps me from going to far deep into depression and paranoia. But being suddenly alone it's hard not to notice how large, dark and silent this house is right now. And I just can't warm up, no matter how much I cover up. I guess ths post is more about me, than anything...which is selfish and stupid. It is time to nut up or shut up.

After having a Very Scary Christmas And A Crappy New Year maybe things will get better?

Therapy goals have been met, and Mom is due to return soon (crossing fingers).

While at the facility she wound up catching the flu twice. And a cold. And had a massive gall stone attack that required another hospital visit.

We applied for Medicaid to pay for this mess, hope it works out. Will Mom take care of herself and remain home? Who knows, I can only offer help and advisement. Hope she makes it back soon, she is 80 and time is going fast.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    We are praying for you, BB.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    We are praying for you, BB.
    Agreed! Just remember: Come what may, we've got your back.
    Hang in there, Beaglebub.

Well, it looks like I will move again, though more slowly. I manage a successful offer for a house up north of Dallas that will put me ten minutes away from the office, so I won't have to make this agonizing 100 minute run through rush hour twice a day through downtown Dallas to get to and from work. Work is going well, I think. It's still a matter of adaptation to the job demands. Also waiting for GOT to start this weekend. I'm stoked.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Moving ... ugh. I hate moving.

Today I washed the upstairs windows at the condo and put in the screens.

Well, here's my new home, all 1602 sqft. I close on April 30, provided there are no snags. I don't anticipate any. I kind of hate having to buy another house, but at least I'm ten minutes away from work. I'll take my time moving in. Probably going to need some new furniture as well. But not too much thankfully. I'll have to replace the fridge of course, but I had already planned on that. There is no lawn,just sculpted plants and landscape. The back yard has a bricked walkway and patio, smallish, but that's exactly how I want it. I have essentially no lawn to mow. Yay! Anyway, here are some pics to show that......Just click on the attachments to see the other pics.
    Name:  9wnzZX.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  103.1 KB
    Attachment 605
    Attachment 606
    Attachment 607
    Last edited by jeriddian; 04-16-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    No grass to mow = happiness.

I got some pleasant news this morning: I had been arguing with Medicare because they were double charging me for my Part B coverage. Since I wasn't receiving a Social Security check they billed me in January for the months of December 2018 through April of 2019, and I paid them. Then when my Social Security benefit started they took out Medicare premiums for December through March again. Today I saw a refund from them in my bank account, so that's all settled.

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Set up my appointment with the oral surgeon to get #3 extracted. This is the 3rd time it's been impacted (why do they call it that?) oh well. Oh and getting the dungeon cleaned out, the wife wants the whole thing remodeled. They start the beginning of June.

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    What kind of antenna is on the chimney, it looks like a HAM 2 meter/ 2.25 meter one almost like the one I took down off the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    What kind of antenna is on the chimney, it looks like a HAM 2 meter/ 2.25 meter one almost like the one I took down off the roof.
    I'm not sure. He has a fairly elegant security camera system in place with four cameras surrounding the outside perimeter of the house, but when I attended the house inspection, I saw no evidence of any kind of HAM radio stuff, though he did have some two way radio units and other similar electronics. However, I may not have spotted the right equipment. It's one of the things I want to ask him about when I see him on Saturday to ask about the security system, since I wish to keep that with the house, or at least get an idea from him as to what I need to do to reinstall it.

To Campy: I have had similar problems with Medicare sending bills for over a thousand dollars a month. It appears that when you send the check in, it takes forever to cross over to their books to show that you have paid, and they send the next notices long before that, thinking you haven't paid up at all. I had to call them and actually make sure they did have record of my payments. The good thing is I'm all paid up through this month, and don't have to worry about the bill until next month. It appears that it is best to pay the bill as soon as you get it instead of waiting closer to the deadline of the 25th of the month, so that by the time they send out the next bill, they will know that payments are up to date.
    Last edited by jeriddian; 04-18-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    "Say the Word"