How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 16
Global Justice Alliance

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Piddling around the house, repairing little things here and there I hadn't gotten to when I was still working. Sorting through job offers for locum tenens work.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Maintaining Social Distance here in New England. Trying to finish chapter 4 of my fanfic story that's been on hold for the last 11 months.
    Last edited by campy; 03-15-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Kept busy at work with a HUGE stack of folders to be processed. What with some of our employees working from home due to this crazy Coronavirus, I've been tasked to not only process and close out folders before handing them to the auditor, but also creating them as well. That means gathering all the doc's for each file from the printer, and assembling them in folders as needed - THEN I do my normal process & close steps. However, today it seems that everyone else was creating folders, because of the stack I found at my cubicle this morning. As it was, I processed 42 folders but still left a good-sized stack to tackle tomorrow. Which means I didn't create a single file. And my boss told me on Friday to not worry about putting stuff away in the file room for awhile.
    Thanks to this dang fool pandemic, things are going to be nuts for me at work for a while....

I joined the frenzied hordes rampaging through two of our local grocery stores today.
    Last edited by campy; 03-17-2020 at 10:52 PM.

I'll need to brave the jungle again tomorrow for victuals myself......
    "Say the Word"

At least you're fortunate enough to live among civilized people.

Appointment at cumodin clinic to get my levels checked and then quick run to Publix to get milk and (hopefully) toilet paper.

I have a warehouse club membership and a big unfinished basement, so I always keep 100+ rolls of TP on hand.

Mission accomplished with the tp--scored a 12 roll package. The Publix where I shop is rationing one package of paper products per customer. Now grading midterms and transitioning face-to-face courses to online.

ETA: PNR is a little high so I've got to eat more veggies to bring it down into range. Our diocese has also cancelled public Masses due to COPID. Good news is Boston Market does free delivery now! Also, saw posting where dolphins and swans are coming back to the Venetian canals because of the improved air and water quality.
    Last edited by David Falkayn; 03-18-2020 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Adding new info

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    At least you're fortunate enough to live among civilized people.
    I don't know that us Texans are any more civilized than you Beantown folks. We do tend to to shoot first and ask questions later. (Or did you mean just living in the US in general? ) I think it's just the virus hasn't quite gotten to us as much as it has your part of the country.
    "Say the Word"