How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 15
Global Justice Alliance

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Careful with the ibuprofen, TWD. Only use it occasionally, a few days at a time at best. I see too many patients with kidney (and heart and stomach) problems from using NSAID's too injudiciously.

I have left my full time job as of last month, looking to semi-retire. I am looking for part time work doing about a week out of the month. It will mean traveling, but I don't mind. I've been chilling out now for a few weeks, starting to plan on completing projects I haven't been able to do for years. Now I have to time to do so.
    "Say the Word"

One of the side effects of being on blood thinners is no ibuprofen--acetaminophen is it for me. Got to go in for a CAT-scan this Friday--they're keeping an eye on a mass in my bladder to make sure it's not cancerous. This is a big doctors month for me--next week I go in to have an abnormal mole removed and my monthly cumodin check. Gotta keep my insurance adjusters busy...

Absolutely right, David. Ibuprofen exacerbates the bleeding risk of coumadin and should not be taken when you are on blood thinners. Good luck on the bladder mass. It sounds like you have a good chance that (if needed) your urologist can get rid of it with a simple procedure.

Still taking it easy here. "Playing" on the computer, reading, looking at options.
    "Say the Word"

Thankfully, it's not cancer, but I do have gall bladder issues. Eventually, I'm going to have to have surgery done on it, but it's okay for now. Had an abnormal mole removed and the antibiotics I'm taking don't always work and play well with me. Gearing up for midterms now--I foresee some late nights grading in the near future...

Glad to hear that, David. Surgical removal of the gall bladder is fairly routine and with little risk these days, and with the robotic procedure (been through that myself), it's not too stressful. You'll be back on your feet in no time. I've been working on the computer and taking it easy. I anticipate taking a long break before returning to work.
    "Say the Word"