How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 23
Global Justice Alliance

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Dropped my computer off with a local repair tech with an excellent reputation (trying to support local businesses and did not want to wait until June 1 before Geek Squad would even take my computer in.) The local business is offering a free estimate and I should hear back in a day or so. Depending on what he says as regards the cost of repair and what has to be repaired/replaced, I'll either have it repaired or just have them build me a new computer--whichever's more cost effective. Good news is that he says I should be able to get my data from the hard drive and that they should be able to do a data transfer, so I'm hoping to have the next part of Double Entendre up as soon as possible--hopefully this weekend--again depending on what happens.

On the heart front, I'm waiting to hear back from the electrocardiologist and have an appointment next week with my regular cardiologist. Also have an appointment next week with the nephrologist so next week me and my local clinic will be well acquainted. My parish church has also reopened for daily Masses (with appropriate procedures for social distancing and so on) and this coming weekend will be open for Sunday Masses (again social distancing etc.) Our bishop has decided that Sunday Masses are not being required at this time due to the social distance limitations. Good news is Bok Tower is reopening (again under Covid restrictions--but it is reopening). Slowly, but surely, the wheels are starting to turn once again.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    Dropped my computer off with a local repair tech with an excellent reputation (trying to support local businesses and did not want to wait until June 1 before Geek Squad would even take my computer in.) The local business is offering a free estimate and I should hear back in a day or so. Depending on what he says as regards the cost of repair and what has to be repaired/replaced, I'll either have it repaired or just have them build me a new computer--whichever's more cost effective. Good news is that he says I should be able to get my data from the hard drive and that they should be able to do a data transfer, so I'm hoping to have the next part of Double Entendre up as soon as possible--hopefully this weekend--again depending on what happens.

On the heart front, I'm waiting to hear back from the electrocardiologist and have an appointment next week with my regular cardiologist. Also have an appointment next week with the nephrologist so next week me and my local clinic will be well acquainted. My parish church has also reopened for daily Masses (with appropriate procedures for social distancing and so on) and this coming weekend will be open for Sunday Masses (again social distancing etc.) Our bishop has decided that Sunday Masses are not being required at this time due to the social distance limitations. Good news is Bok Tower is reopening (again under Covid restrictions--but it is reopening). Slowly, but surely, the wheels are starting to turn once again.
    Hope your docs are able to make your organs sound, my friend. (Wait, what?)

As for your computer, two words: Cloud backup. Seriously, it's Current Year, everyone should be using the cloud.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I did some more work on my wine cellar today. I made a wall out of a pallet and a box that I had on hand. Here's what it looks like.

Attachment 617
    Looks like a nice project there, campy. Is that a Persian Rug on the floor?

Hey, David, Good luck!
    Last edited by jeriddian; 05-19-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I did some more work on my wine cellar today. I made a wall out of a pallet and a box that I had on hand. Here's what it looks like.

Attachment 617
    Looks like a nice project there, campy. Is that a Persian Rug on the floor?
    A Job Lot store special. I think it cost $49.95 or something. It used to be in the study in our W. Mass. house.

Mrs. campy and I didn't get to go to Honolulu this month like we wanted, but she bought a new hand soap called Honolulu Sun for our downstairs lav. I guess that's something.

Also we went warehouse club shopping during senior hours.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I did my laundry today, then spent the afternoon fooling around on my computer. We stayed indoors with the A/C on to beat the heat (first time this year we've had it running).

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I did my laundry today, then spent the afternoon fooling around on my computer. We stayed indoors with the A/C on to beat the heat (first time this year we've had it running).
    Funny. I did the same.
    "Say the Word"

We haven't needed the AC on at the condo yet this year. I did turn on the ceiling fan once or twice.

For the first time the ugly wooden fence that used to be behind the campy condo is gone! I really hope they don't put another ugly fence in its place. I just want the weeds gone and a nice view of the rock ledge.

Attachment 618

A view from above. Mine is the third deck from bottom.

Name:  view2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  94.8 KB
    Last edited by campy; 05-27-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Well, I'm back at work. In Oregon. Very beautiful country up here. The weather is nice here in the summer. However, it apparently rains a lot during the other three seasons. I'm working in a nice community hospital in Corvallis, about an hour south of Portland, working on the inpatients. People are very friendly and helpful. I'm scheduled to be here the rest of the week and will go back home on Monday. It seems to be going quite well.
    "Say the Word"