How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 27
Global Justice Alliance

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Just got released from the hospital. Went to my normal walk in clinic on Monday and they referred me to the hospital emergency room because of gall bladder issues. I was then admitted on observation status and my G-I doctor had to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, I went through the outpatient procedure rather than a full surgery, but it's still pretty tender where he made the incisions. Had a good breakfast though--last time I hate a full meal since Sunday night and am taking it nice and easy until I get back up to full speed.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    Just got released from the hospital. Went to my normal walk in clinic on Monday and they referred me to the hospital emergency room because of gall bladder issues. I was then admitted on observation status and my G-I doctor had to remove my gall bladder. Luckily, I went through the outpatient procedure rather than a full surgery, but it's still pretty tender where he made the incisions. Had a good breakfast though--last time I hate a full meal since Sunday night and am taking it nice and easy until I get back up to full speed.
    Wow, that's outpatient? I remember when my father had his gallbladder out about 60 years ago. I think he was hospitalized for a week.

Hope you're back to speed soon.

Yeah, I can't remember the full name of the procedure but it's a type of lapidectomy or something like that. The surgeon cut four small incisions in my abdomen and then took out the offending gall bladder. I'm really more sore than anything else, but the doc prescribed some pain pills to take if it gets worse--Tramidol--so it's not a high grade opiate. While I was in the ER, they had to use an IV drip of morphine--my back was in such pain! I just added the latest part to Double Entendre on ff.net. Luckily, I'm okay with the computer--I just can't lift too much or do anything really strenuous for about a week or so. I also have to keep an eye on the incisions to make sure they don't get infected and follow up in a couple of weeks with the surgeon, but right now, prognosis is looking good.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Glad to hear you're on the mend, David. Hope everything continues to go well for you. Take it easy now!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    It's called robotic laparoscopy, or in your case a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. When your father had it done, TWD, it was a full surgical procedure requiring a five to six inch incision over the liver going through muscle and traumatizing inner organs with the surgeon's hands. It takes a while to heal from that big a slice, usually four to five days in the hospital and two to three weeks resting up at home. But with the laparoscopic procedure, the incisions are less than an inch and in places where you don't have to cut through a lot of muscle. Also, the robotic arms used to take the gall bladder out are less damaging than a surgeon's hands mucking around in the abdomen. It becomes much less traumatic. This the surgery is so minor now, it can be done outpatient. Hour you heal fast, David.

As for my day....... Ugh.... Read my other post. My A/C went out in the house.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Uh, jeriddian, I think you got me confused with campy in your last post. It was campy's father who had his gallbladder removed 60 years ago, not my dad. My dad had his prostate removed 33 years ago due to cancer.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Been getting a lot of huge projects at work the last few weeks, all relating to the same overall client... and we've been going through a lot of paper as a result. It just gets a bit more frustrating when I get hit with some of these projects toward the end of the day, when everyone else on my team has gone home and I'm the only one there... and sometimes these people just don't know what they send, and I have to explain, hey, we're talking thousands of pages here, that takes time to open and send and print and collate with separator pages or tabs and stick into binders...

Big projects? Fine if we have plenty of lead time... frustrating when they're also rush jobs.

First week of Fall Semester done. Still getting a feel for the classes--this summer I had some of the best classes I've ever had since I began teaching at the college level twenty years ago. I'm glad to see that the College has put in place remedies for students who are having problems getting textbooks--many of my students this summer had problems in getting their orders through. I still miss face-to-face teaching though. There's nothing like seeing the look on a student's face when they grasp a concept that had earlier eluded them.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, I've been in Oregon for a week. I did the outpatient office. Tomorrow, I start the hospital service. The work has been pretty light. The town is nice, but there's not much to do here despite it being a college town. Gorgeous scenery of course.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Well, I've been in Oregon for a week. I did the outpatient office. Tomorrow, I start the hospital service. The work has been pretty light. The town is nice, but there's not much to do here despite it being a college town. Gorgeous scenery of course.
    Any riots? (Excuse me, I mean "mostly peaceful demonstrations"?)
    Last edited by campy; 08-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.