How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 9
Global Justice Alliance

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Nice house there. jeriddian. Hope you enjoy it.

As for my day: Yesterday morning I washed the walls & ceiling of the upstairs bathroom (did the first-floor potty last week), then ran some errands in the afternoon. I bought a couple of used CDs at a local shop, and two new books at Barnes & Noble: Team Of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin (I've wanted a copy for the past several years!), and a Marvel Universe novel, Civil War, by Stuart Moore.
    Today I helped my brother remove the storm windows from our back porch, then we got the lawn mower out & put the snowblower into storage for the summer.
    Now I'm finishing up my laundry - last load's in the washer.
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 07-06-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today I went shopping for new clothes - bought two pairs of pants, and a T-shirt. Also bought 2 new DVDs - Season One of Animaniacs, and Tiny Toon Adventures.
    I also processed the first dealer table order form for this year's Windycon. It came in the mail this past Thursday.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Studying for boards..........
    "Say the Word"

Well, It's been two months since my last post on this thread, and I have pretty much laid low to take care of business, ramping up work, taking the board exam on 5/13, and then MOVING....... for the last two months, bit by bit, room by room, box by box, waiting for the results of the board exam to come in....

Finally found out........I PASSED!!!

You have no idea what a weight that is to be lifted off of me, and the good news is I will not ever have to take then damn thing again.

In the meantime, I am busy building up the practice. I am almost completely moved into the new house. I have had my bedroom furniture delivered and set up. I have a bed to sleep in. The dining room set comes tomorrow. I only have one more trip to make to haul the last of the heavy stuff from the old house to the new one. After that it is just clean-up and minor stuff to clear out. I already had the kitchen renovated (God, did it need that!) That will raise its price on the market a good bit as well. Also I just set my computer back up, and this is the first time I am using it in the new house. YAY!
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Congrats on all the great news, jeriddian!

Nana campy & I just returned from a vacation to Iceland (the green one) and Norway. As in our last Norway visit in 2006, we again passed on the meat cakes.

Yesterday I set up a portion of our garage as the "mudroom" Nana & I have always needed. I had bought two moose-shaped hooks in Norway last weekend and today we bought a bench to put under them. Here's the result.

Name:  mudroom.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  23.8 KB

Okay, I'll bite. Uh.... what do you mean by a mud room, Campy?
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Don't you have mudrooms in your part of the country? Must be a regional thing. They're places where you can remove wet, snowy or muddy shoes, boots, coats etc. before going into the cleaner parts of the dwelling.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Don't you have mudrooms in your part of the country? Must be a regional thing. They're places where you can remove wet, snowy or muddy shoes, boots, coats etc. before going into the cleaner parts of the dwelling.
    Uh...guess so.........when you live in a desert (West Texas qualifies for that), mud is something we don't have to mess with hardly at all.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Uh...guess so.........when you live in a desert (West Texas qualifies for that), mud is something we don't have to mess with hardly at all.
    I've heard the phrase before, but never really knew what it was. In the bi-level I grew up in, we had the landing at the ground-level point of entry, which based on campy's description basically served the same function.