How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Great news, TWD. Very glad to hear it.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Thanks, jeriddian. Now it's just a matter of monitoring my health for the rest of my life, esp. the PSA count in my blood. I'm very lucky to have found the cancer when I did; it means avoiding my father's fate (he died in 1989 after his prostate cancer spread to his bones). I don't mind the tests, since it means increasing the odds of my living a longer life span.

Absolutely!
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Nana campy & I spent the last week in San Francisco getting acquainted with our new grandbaby.

Well, another day at the office.....

I finally have had enough of the whole corporate medicine structure at my practice. They have literally destroyed everything about it. I can no longer even have any enjoyment in doing the work, and I'm really tired of snot-nosed kids who weren't even alive when I started practicing medicine trying to tell me how to do my job. I tendered my resignation from the practice, effective at the end of August. I've bought a house in Lancaster, Texas, about five minutes away from my step-mother (as I call her). I'll be spending a lot of the next two months starting to move, but I will take the whole month of September off and will just concentrate on moving everything over then. I'm not as young as I used to be, so I will be taking a lot more time to be moving stuff, and get some help as well.
    "Say the Word"

I spent the day closing out a bunch of file folders I had at my desk to be processed. I had so many, I couldn't do them all in one day so my supervisor gave some to different folks on our team to take care of. We had to close all those out, since it's the end of the month (something to do with bookkeeping, I assume). I finished most of the ones I was left with - some still have to wait for certain documents to be released, so I have those set aside in a special rack in my cubicle. When those doc's become available (usually within a day or two), I print them out and add them to the files before I close each one. Then those files go to the auditors to deal with.
    Tomorrow, though, we're going to be doing a lot of filing. There are several tall stacks of file folders needing to be sorted & filed in our upstairs file room. The way my boss described it this afternoon, I'm going to have some help putting all that stuff away - that's how much they've piled up.
    Plus, today at work I realized it was 30 years ago this month that I started my first file-clerking job - and at a company located about a mile or two south of where I'm working now.
    30 years as a mail/file clerk -where does the time go?

We spent the day at home, indoors to beat the heat. By the way, it was exactly 48 years ago today that my family moved into the house we currently inhabit.
    Boy - 48 years! Where did the time go...?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    We spent the day at home, indoors to beat the heat. By the way, it was exactly 48 years ago today that my family moved into the house we currently inhabit.
    Boy - 48 years! Where did the time go...?
    What a coincidence. July 5 was the 2nd anniversary of our purchase of the campy condo.

Today I finished putting away the backlog of file folders from the new shipping records our department (and others here too) generated. I started yesterday by boxing up another 10 drawers of files so they could go downstairs and make room for the more current doc's we've created. Having completed that filing this morning, I was able to sit at my desk and work on new paperwork (it's an endless cycle here).
    And tonight at home I listened to the Cubs beat the Cards, 9-6.
    Cubs are currently in 1st place in the National League Central Division. GO CUBS GO!

Today I did my laundry, and processed three more dealer's table forms for this year's Windycon dealer's room. Yesterday I helped my brother move, and reassemble, his waterbed. Do you know how heavy those mattresses are, even when drained of 80% of their water??
    Also, Mom got a new laptop computer over the weekend and my brother helped her set it up today.