How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 7
Global Justice Alliance

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. campy retired from her job yesterday. After next Friday's paycheck, there will be no more earned income flowing into the campy family bank accounts.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I'm still fighting the head cold, although it's now in the "just-a-runny-nose-and-cough" stage. That, plus the snow we've had all day here in Go City, kept me in the house once again. I did, however, go outside briefly while helping my brother haul his old waterbed mattress out behind the garage to be eventually trashed. It was mostly drained, but there was still enough water in it to make it heavy & hard to maneuver. But we managed to get the fool thing out. Hopefully, I can run my errands tomorrow while I do my laundry.

I had to go to an Apple Store this morning, because my aging iPhone needed a software reset. (My iTunes couldn't complete the process in several tries.)

Luckily, it was quick & easy for the Genius. And they didn't charge me anything.

More filing fun at work for yours truly! We're all watching the weather forecasts, wondering just how much snow will get dumped on Go City as this approaching storm passes through Friday night & Saturday. I was supposed to go to a party up in the near northern 'burbs of the city Saturday night, but I just got word today that the party's been cancelled due to the forecast. So I'll spend that night watching DVDs & listening to music, instead.

Iím in Miami, and Iím wearing a Patriots t-shirt. I expect to have an interesting day.

Had a busy day processing files at work, and what fun it was, driving home in the rush-hour snowfall!* All the local yokels demonstrating how well they can't drive their SUVs and minivans on snow-slicked roads!
    I also attended a Windycon meeting tonight - to kick off planning for this year's convention, to be held in mid-November. I'm running the dealer's room again, of course.

(*Sarcasm ahoy)

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I"m still working into my new position, working part time for now. It takes 'forever' to get credentialed these days. It will take months to get privileges at hospitals. I still have to take boards in May. I am not looking forward to that exercise in uselessness. but it's nice to finally getting a paycheck, and the work is good.
    "Say the Word"

Got up early today to allow time to clear the snow off my car & drive carefully to work this morning. Even though traffic was slow (average speed 25 MPH), it was relatively light which allowed me to arrive at the office on time. Even after having all day for the plows to do their stuff, the road was still slushy in places for the commute home tonight. I was able to drive a bit faster (35-40 MPH), but I was still extra cautious due to the slippery conditions.
    Mom's urging me to stay home Wednesday due to the dangerously low sub-zero temps forecast for that day. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm concerned that my bosses at the temp agency & the client co. won't understand, and that I might lose this job as a result. The last thing I need right now is a disruption in my cash flow....

Today I traded in my old iPhone 6S for an XS. I'm getting $200 for the old phone, which is about 80% of what I paid for it last year, so I'm pretty happy.

Now I just need the new movie's Kimmunicator beeps as a ringtone!

Today I discovered that I somehow lost my voicemail service when I upgraded to my new iPhone. A call to my service provider fixed the issue.