How Was Your Day? Edition 18 - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Edition 18

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I'm glad my "item" helped you out, BB.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    The campy clan has a new member! An 8lb 1oz girl (name TBA).

Name:  baby.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  60.3 KB
    Last edited by campy; 05-20-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Awww, now that's cute!
    Congrats to you & your family, campy!

Congratulations, Campy. She's beautiful. That makes #3, right?

Anyway, As for me, I have been working with my new partner in the practice for five months and it has been going well. Our next partner will be joining us on July first. The intention was that this was to be a three man practice. However, the practice has not grown back the way it should have done it. So it looks like there won't be enough work to go around, therefore I will be exiting the practice at the end of the year. I will be going into a semi-retirement (I guess), as the 'bosses' have plans to use me as a locum tenens (read that as a temp worker for doctors, covering them when they go on vacation for example), which should bring in enough work to get buy. I've already started house hunting in the South Dallas/suburb area.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Congratulations, Campy. She's beautiful. That makes #3, right?
    Yes, new baby (now named Clara Olga) is our 3rd grandchild. Her middle name (which she shares with cousin Nellie) is in honor of Mrs. campy's mother.

I did a number of things today: Went to the drugstore (picked up an Rx); went to the bank; went to the post office (stamps for Windycon dealer mailings - it's that time of year again!); and took my car to the VW dealer for an oil change. Good thing that happened: while vacuuming out my car, the porter found a pair of keys that I'd lost, wedged under the driver's seat. He put them in my cup holder where I found them when I picked the car up (that was v-e-r-y nice of him).
    After lunch, I used our weed-whacker to trim the plants growing 'round our generator & A/C unit on the north side of the house, and then weeded thistle plants out of Mom's garden along the south side of our driveway. Also did a load of laundry late this afternoon.
    Now I'm on my way to see that new Han Solo movie!

Sorry, beat you to it. I saw it Thursday Night, It was very good overall. The setting up of Han Solo's backstory was well done, and although Alden Ehrenreich did a pretty good job in general, there was just something missing in his performance.......However, the rest of it was fine, and Daenerys Targeryon did a very fine job in her role., but the ending....WOW.....I did not see that coming. How in the heck is that guy still alive???? It's GOT to be after Phantom Menace, right?.......

Okay, okay, yeah, it should be in the other thread......... For this thread, I am just taking it easy for the memorial day weekend. I ain't going nowhere. Just going to enjoy time off and tinker with my old suburban a little.
    "Say the Word"

I went to my cancer doctor today, and got some very good news.
    I was scheduled to get a PSA blood test. PSA stands for Prostate-Specific Antigen, a protein that is produced by both normal and malignant cells of the prostate gland. A high PSA test result indicates that the patient may have prostate cancer. MY PSA test last July scored 5.5, which caused my doctor to send me to a urologist to have an ultrasound and biopsy performed on my prostate. That's how they found my cancer.
    Now, four months (almost) after having the radioactive implants put in my prostate to kill the cancer, I had another PSA screening. This one scored 2.8, which, my doctor said, was about where it should be for me.
    To sum it all up, he said I'm cured! No more cancer!!
    I'm scheduled to have another PSA test in early September as a follow-up, and I'll be monitoring this for the rest of my life. But that's OK; it's a small price to pay for extending my life span.
    But let me tell you, it's a relief to hear that news. The last eleven months have been crazy for me - first worrying over how bad the cancer was and how the treatments would affect my life; then over how I was going to pay all the resulting medical bills from trying to fight the disease (fortunately, my job's insurance benefits have handled the bulk of the expenses - what remains I'm able to pay off in monthly installments).
    But now that particular specter no longer hangs over me. I can worry about other things for a change.
    It goes without saying that I went to work straight from the doctor's office in a very good mood today.
    And Mom was pleased to hear the results when I told her the news this evening. She smiled from ear to ear.
    Thanks for all your words of encouragement and support, guys. It means the world to me to know you've got my back.

Wonderful news, TWD! Congratulations!

Thanks, campy!