Creating a Debate
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Creating a Debate

Registered User Regular Member sharper1988's Avatar

Creating a Debate

For the 13th Annual KP Fannies Awards, I was thinking of creating a prelude to the ceremony: a debate about how the Kimmunity should approach the live action movie.
    My avatar above was created and designed by Slyrr.
    A true K/R, Canderemy, and Phinbella fan!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, that would be okay, but what would be debated? We are all overjoyed that it's getting made in the first place, to be honest.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Regular Member sharper1988's Avatar
    The reaction on Twitter, on the other hand, was a different story.
    My avatar above was created and designed by Slyrr.
    A true K/R, Canderemy, and Phinbella fan!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, Twitter is an entirely different animal. I don't think it should be trusted to really reflect the opinion of the fan base. However, I would say go ahead and do it. It will help promotion in any case.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I say we give the movie a look-see, at least once. We also need to remember that anytime you take something originally presented in one medium (Marvel's comic book superheroes, for example, translated from the printed page to the motion-picture format) and show it in another, there are bound to be changes in order to adapt to the new medium - details like costuming, storyline, etc., to make it seem more plausible. In other words, don't make the mistake of expecting the live-action Kim Possible movie to be exactly like the cartoon show. Be prepared for some changes, and try to keep an open mind when you see them.
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 07-03-2018 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Changed a sentence to clarify my point.

Quote Originally Posted by sharper1988 View Post
    The reaction on Twitter, on the other hand, was a different story.
    Twitter is probably the ugliest place in the world to discuss anything. I just hope Bob & Mark don't think that stuff represents true fan reaction.

As a side note, when fighting for Season 4 I was told daily by not so nice "fans" that KP shouldn't be renewed, and if she was the show would turn into crap! So I helped save her anyway......