What In Real Life Reminds You Of KP? #11 - Page 5
Global Justice Alliance

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What In Real Life Reminds You Of KP? #11

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Actually, the "Food Pyramid" was based on what nutritionists knew at the time. With all the advancements in medical technology and our knowledge of how the human body works, it's only understandable for them to revise their recommendations of what to eat, how much of it to eat, and so on. Science, as the late Carl Sagan once pointed out, is thus self-correcting - we're constantly updating the textbooks as our knowledge increases.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Actually, the "Food Pyramid" was based on what nutritionists knew at the time. With all the advancements in medical technology and our knowledge of how the human body works, it's only understandable for them to revise their recommendations of what to eat, how much of it to eat, and so on. Science, as the late Carl Sagan once pointed out, is thus self-correcting - we're constantly updating the textbooks as our knowledge increases.
    From what i've read it was about meat and dairy lobbying groups trying to use the pyramid to push their own products:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_p...n)#Controversy

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrage6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    From what i've read it was about meat and dairy lobbying groups trying to use the pyramid to push their own products:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_p...n)#Controversy
    How true. Just look at the progress in Medicine over the last hundred years. We are constantly modifying our knowledge and treatments often in radical ways, and quickly. Just look at the biologics which are revolutionizing treatment of cancer and immunologic disease.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Today at Barnes & Noble, I passed by a table full of books about golf. As I rode the escalator down to the checkout line, I couldn't help thinking, "Duff Killigan would be interested in those!"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Today I'm wearing grey cargo pants and a black pullover shirt. I remind myself of KP. (Well, an older, balder Ron, anyway.)