Ron's Cheating in Episode "Ill-Suited"
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron's Cheating in Episode "Ill-Suited"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar

Ron's Cheating in Episode "Ill-Suited"

I suppose everyone else agrees with me that the Mad Dogs obviously forfeited that first football game once they learned Ron wore the supersuit while playing?

Yeah. Someone also must have done some pretty fast talking to keep him from being kicked off the team by order of the High School Athletic Association and/or Barkin and other higher ups.

Yeah, I'm thinking very sincere, personal apology speeches by Ron to his teammates, the opponents and the sports bureaucrats. Probably days of hearings before a decision came down.

It could make for an interesting fanfic in the right hands. Not so much action, but thought provoking.

Go for it! Even if he isn't kicked off though, he's probably looking at a few games suspension--if for nothing else to send a message.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Unless, rulebook stickler Barkin suddenly changes his tune and tries to suppress it.......for the team. What?.....it's possible!
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Unless, rulebook stickler Barkin suddenly changes his tune and tries to suppress it.......for the team. What?.....it's possible!
    Oooh! But someone would definitely go behind his back and spill to the authorities if he did that.

Probably Ron.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Oooh! But someone would definitely go behind his back and spill to the authorities if he did that.

Probably Ron.
    Yep! I can see that. Definitely a Ronnish response.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    You know, I never thought about it before, but campy's right - Ron's using the supersuit to get on the team in the first place, as well as his performance in that game, was clearly an act of cheating. We already saw him steal the suit from Kim's closet (at the time, he rationalized it as "secret borrowing"), which in itself was a very big no-no.
    But the writers did make it clear throughout the episode that what Ron did was wrong, so the viewers clearly got the message, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    You know, I never thought about it before, but campy's right - Ron's using the supersuit to get on the team in the first place, as well as his performance in that game, was clearly an act of cheating. We already saw him steal the suit from Kim's closet (at the time, he rationalized it as "secret borrowing"), which in itself was a very big no-no.
    But the writers did make it clear throughout the episode that what Ron did was wrong, so the viewers clearly got the message, IMHO.
    That's true, Ron had to crab walk all over the place as punishment. But that hardly makes up for what he did.

Another thing that I recently thought of: what about the boy who actually deserved the starting QB slot? (I use him as a character in some of my fanfic.) What if he missed out on chances to impress college scouts because of Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post

That's true, Ron had to crab walk all over the place as punishment. But that hardly makes up for what he did.

Another thing that I recently thought of: what about the boy who actually deserved the starting QB slot? (I use him as a character in some of my fanfic.) What if he missed out on chances to impress college scouts because of Ron?
    I like that! That would really feed into Ron's guilty conscience if he found out about that. I can't see him getting away with anything less than a two game suspension plus the Mad Dogs forfeiting any games in which he QB'ed with that suit. He's going to have to work his butt off to regain people's--including Kim's--trust because I don't really see Kim letting him off the hook as easily as she did in the episode.