How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX - Page 13
Global Justice Alliance

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I had this old, broken dehumidifier sitting in my basement since we moved. This morning I received a email telling me it's been recalled by the manufacturer. So I'm going to get $125 back for it and all I had to do was cut off the power cord and submit two photos of it to the website. Not bad.

Registered User Elite Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Seems like someone sued them.

Registered User Senior Member
    Good news: No polyps or other bad irregularities. Have some diverticula so the doc prescribed metamucil three times a day. Hopefully, won't have to do that again for another five years. The procedure itself wasn't bad at all--it's the prep that's murder!

I'm gonna have to do one of those yet this year. The prep is the hardest part, but the nurses have to gut it through my jokes. The last time I talked through the whole procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    I'm gonna have to do one of those yet this year. The prep is the hardest part, but the nurses have to gut it through my jokes. The last time I talked through the whole procedure.
    My two colonoscopies were a breeze; I slept through both of them. But I had a barium enema once, which more than makes up for it.

Oh I slept, but when nervous I talk in my sleep and I tell bad jokes. The nurses were still laughing when I woke up.

Registered User Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    They put me under general...I slept through it all.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    What blood test, TWD? If it's the serum creatinine, then I can understand your cardiologist's hesitation, since the risk of kidney damage from the contrast dye used to place the stent rises sharply with diseased (or stressed) kidneys. I would need the numbers to tell you better. The BP medication that might be causing the problem will almost certainly an ACE inhibitor (with a name that usually ends in 'pril'), or an ARB (usually ends in 'sartan'), which tends to reduce the total cleaning capacity of your kidneys (in medical terms, it reduces the glomerular filtration rate, or GFR). Under normal circumstances that can actually be beneficial, but only up to a point. If you like, send me your lab results, and I can speak to them in more detail.

Sorry, I can't do anything about your paper shredder....
    The BP medicine I was taking was a type of losartan. My doc switched me to 5 mg a day of something called amlodipine instead. I'm supposed to walk in to the clinic Monday or Tuesday to have more blood drawn. This is to see if those kidney numbers have improved with the switch of the BP medicine. I'm anxious to get this stent business over & done with.
    I'm also frustrated over my job sitch - on the news today, they said the number of new jobs increased last month, so why isn't somebody hiring me???

Today I went for a vaccination so I can be around my new grandson when he's born in less than a month. Also got my car washed and bought some liquor.

After the first part of October we may go up to Canada if the border opens.