How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX - Page 22
Global Justice Alliance

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Ran some errands in the morning. In the afternoon I took some of my fall/winter clothes out of storage, since cooler weather is here in New & Improved England.

Registered User Senior Member
    Grading assignments this weekend. Getting in over two miles a day walking now. We've had some nice cool mornings recently--hopefully the trend continues.

Registered User Elite Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Have to drive to Kansas City in a couple hours.

We have our east coast grandkids staying over for the night.

Nana & I took the grandkids apple picking this morning. The hay bale maze in the play area was their favorite part of the farm. The fresh cider donuts were mine.

Investiture went well and we had lunch then I drove 3 hours back home.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I had my final stent procedure on Thursday! We got to the hospital about half past ten AM, and they registered me in & prepped me right away. The operation was scheduled for 11:45 AM, but they didn't come & get me until 12:35 due to a few emergency cases - at least that's what the nurse told us. I was in the operating room just a little over an hour, even though I was told to expect to be on the table 2 hours. Anyway, I glanced at a clock on the wall as they were getting ready to wheel me back to the recovery area and I saw it was just after 2 PM. I stayed in the recovery area until 8 PM, resting up, and then they released me to go home. Once at home, I cleaned up a little (just washed my face & hands, basically), then put on some clean clothes & lay down on my bed to rest for the remainder of the evening. I've spent these last three days just taking it easy, not doing any heavy lifting or pushing (they don't want me picking up anything heavier than 5 pounds, so as not to reopen the incision in my groin where they inserted the tube to place the stents in my arteries - I could very well bleed to death, if that were to happen). As a result, my brother did the grocery shopping I normally do on Saturday, while I stayed at home. Fortunately, there were no complications during or after the procedure, although I do feel a burning sensation when I urinate - the result of having a catheter inserted before the procedure on Thursday. Lord, do those things hurt! And, I'm getting a nice set of bruises around the incisions (two; one in the groin and the other in my right wrist) - mostly, I think, due to the blood thinner pills I'm taking (Brilinta) twice daily for the next six months to a year. But my cardiologist was very pleased with the results of the operation, and he told me I'm all done - no more stents to be put in! So I'm thankful to have that whole experience behind me now.

Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah. They had to insert a Foley catheter in me after my ablation surgery because the anesthesia shut down my urinary system. Unfortunately, I had to keep the Foley for a couple of weeks after I was discharged until my urologist could finally remove it. I was so relieved when they told me that they didn't have to use a general on me for my pacemaker surgery.

Avoided the rain, practiced 'Bad Penny' by Rory Gallagher and worked on chapter 88.

I went to America's First Public Library to pick up a book this morning, and also to the supermarket and the wine shop.