How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    quiet day so far except for fireworks at 10 each night.

Registered User Senior Member
    Just got the email. My college is moving to Phase III of the state's covid protocols. That means facemasks and distancing are optional and campus is reopening for office/staff and we're going back into the classroom--YAY!!!! Online has its advantages, but there's something about seeing the look in a student's eyes when understanding dawns.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I made a little progress on my unfinished fanfic story Cri de Guerre today. First time in over a year.

If I ever finish this one I really should either give up writing or stick to one-shots.

Campy, you're a great writer....me not so much. CB has to get the last chapter of 'Storm Chaser' out and then in about 6 months I am going to start on 'Lockdown'. Right now I am trying to figure out how to write a part like I never have before. Soooo, it might take me a couple of weeks then it's off to 'Graduation'.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Did a little more writing today. I'm at almost 2000 words in four scenes leading up to the soccer game. Not sure if any of them are really advancing the plot, but they amuse me so they stay for now.

Here's a sample (I've disemvoweled one bit of naughtiness in deference to any younger readers):

Quote Originally Posted by Cri de Guerre chapter 6
    Tara and Jessica walked to class together. “Well, Jess, you got what you wanted yesterday.”

“Yeah, no surprise there. I get that any time Steve and I are alone.”

“Okay, but I wasn’t actually talking about your boyfriend’s t*rg*d m*mb*r. I meant you achieved your goal from freshman year. From now till graduation, whenever Middleton guys talk about which girls they think are hot, your name is going to be mentioned early and often.”

“Oh, that. Yeah, I was kinda rocking those Daisy Dukes.”

“So, how’s it feel?”

“Amazing. Oh, we’re still not talking about the t*rg*d m*mb*r? In that case, not as good as I thought it would. Having a fantastic BF is so much better.”
    Last edited by campy; 07-04-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added stuff

quiet day so far, as for writing I am to a point in book 2 where I have to write in a particular fashion so I expect it to take a week.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Went to Smarty-Mart to buy a new watch, then just hung around the house all day. As of today, my family has lived in this house for 51 years. Boy, time sure flies, doesn't it? Not only that, but the grade school where I attended sixth grade in the fall of 1970 is being torn down so they can replace it with a whole new building. Every time I go by, I see it being reduced to a pile of rubble. For that matter, it's almost gone now....

Fireworks just started letting up. Some of those clowns are gonna be dragging where they work tomorrow. Glad I'm retired.

Registered User Senior Member
    Quiet day today. Got some work done revising power points for my classes.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Went out to buy a new LED bulb to replace a CFL that died on me late last night (right when I was going to bed, no less). Other than that, I have no plans to go anywhere. I'll just stay inside where it's nice & cool.