How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX - Page 26
Global Justice Alliance

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I went to the farm for eggs this morning. Later I cleaned the windows of our Volvos.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Got even more work done for the investiture and have a business meeting set up on the 6th. Just need to change the password on the priory site (but there's a glitch in the system so I have to wait till the geeks get it taken care of). In another month I have to start harping on people to get their reports in by the middle of January. And then I need to get reports out.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Didn't do too much today; started assigning tables for the Windycon dealer's room when I noticed a mistake I made in designing this year's table layout. After correcting that & e-mailing another committee member about getting a "cleaned-up" version of my revisions, I picked up where I left off and assigned tables to everybody.
    I also went and picked up a souvenir brick from the old grade school, located east of my home, where I attended 6th grade in 1970-71. The local school board had the building torn down back in June so they could build a new, modern school in its place, and they saved a bunch of bricks from the old building for sale on-line as a fundraiser. I went on-line & bought one, accidentally purchasing two instead of one (goofed up when I thought my initial purchase didn't go through). When I went to pick up my brick this afternoon, I explained to the lady there about what happened, and she promised she'd see about getting me a refund for the unwanted, extra brick. Sure enough, a couple of hours after I got home I got an e-mail from the lady saying I got my refund. The brick I got was a nice, solid one, with no chunks missing and just a little mortar and other crud on it. I've also got a souvenir brick from the Purple Hyatt Hotel that used to stand on Touhy Avenue in the Chicago suburb of Lincolnwood. It was called the Purple Hyatt because it used purple and white bricks in its construction! The brick from the hotel is, of course, purple. The reason I bought it was because that hotel was where I attended my very first SF convention, Windycon IX, in December of 1982.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. c and I will be resuming our pre-pandemic habit of escaping the winter weather for a sunny holiday. We booked a Caribbean cruise for next February.