How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX - Page 12
Global Justice Alliance

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Vol. XIX

Registered User Senior Member
    Getting geared up for Fall. Next couple of weeks are going to be busy: faculty meeting on Tuesday, colonoscopy on Thurs. which means that I'm going to be useless the day before and the day after, and then next week more faculty meetings and doctors' appointments. Continuing my replay of the 1951 baseball season: the BoSox beat their archrivals, the Yankees with Bobby Doerr hitting a grand slam homerun in the second. However Yogi Berra and Joe DiMaggio had single run homers and Joltin' Joe batted in two other runs to make the game close. Then, when he returned home, Joe was enthusiastically greeted by a certain platinum-blonde movie star he was married to.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We went to the zoo with our grandchildren.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Just got a call that a friend of mine passed last night. He just stopped breathing. He had been over at the house last Sunday where we shared some Scotch.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your friend passing, Sentinel. Did he have any health issues that you knew of?

Yeah, it was out of the blue. As far as I know he was healthy. He was an interstate truck driver who was home every day. Things like this DO happen. A couple months ago I found out a HS classmate had passed. I was grading a martial arts test and the other grader started talking about him and I'm like HUH? They said he had Covid, but they never tested him for it.

Now I have been vaccinated and I encourage everyone else to get the vaccine as well, but if you don't test I am not sure you can say something like that.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I went to the local warehouse store for soap and paper towels and to put gas in my Volvo.

They have a new head of the guard and I am putting all the names and contact info in place for him.

Registered User Senior Member
    Going in for colonoscopy tomorrow. Also got roped into helping to write up the rubrics for SACCS accreditation. Finishing up preparations for fall semester too. Also doctors appointments next week and jury duty the end of the month.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I just found out that the procedure I was supposed to undergo on Friday morning, to put another stent in my heart artery, has been cancelled due to a problem with my kidneys I didn't know I had. Apparently a blood test I had showed that my kidneys were under some sort of stress, and the cardiologist doesn't want to risk any further damage to them from whatever dye he may inject into my bloodstream during the procedure. My internist thinks my blood-pressure medicine could have been the cause, so he switched me to something new. In the meantime, I've made an appointment with a nephrologist, and I'm supposed to go in early next week and get more blood drawn. I really hope it's just my B.P. meds messing me up; I'd like to get that last stent in, and be done with it.
    And I'm having issues with a personal paper shredder. You can only shred so much through this machine before it overheats & shuts down, and all I have left to shred is a small handful of papers. So I have to bide my time, doing all sorts of busy-work while waiting for the blasted thing to cool off....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    What blood test, TWD? If it's the serum creatinine, then I can understand your cardiologist's hesitation, since the risk of kidney damage from the contrast dye used to place the stent rises sharply with diseased (or stressed) kidneys. I would need the numbers to tell you better. The BP medication that might be causing the problem will almost certainly an ACE inhibitor (with a name that usually ends in 'pril'), or an ARB (usually ends in 'sartan'), which tends to reduce the total cleaning capacity of your kidneys (in medical terms, it reduces the glomerular filtration rate, or GFR). Under normal circumstances that can actually be beneficial, but only up to a point. If you like, send me your lab results, and I can speak to them in more detail.

Sorry, I can't do anything about your paper shredder....
    "Say the Word"