The "What Are You Watching?" Thread Goes to Eleven - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What Are You Watching?" Thread Goes to Eleven

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I've been watching the new Marvel series on Disney+, Ms. Marvel. It's really good.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    KP season 1 episode "Mind Games."

On youtube: beach volleyball live from Waupaca WI.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    We used to have a Boy Scout camp near Waupaca! After our council merged with another, they sold it off due to budget cuts. A group of ex-Boy Scouts from the Go City area formed a foundation, and bought the property (what's left of it after a portion was converted to farmland). Now they're working to rehab the camp, and open it for use by Scout troops and other youth organizations throughout the year - but primarily in the summertime.

Now watching beach volleyball from Hermosa Beach, CA.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    We used to have a Boy Scout camp near Waupaca! After our council merged with another, they sold it off due to budget cuts. A group of ex-Boy Scouts from the Go City area formed a foundation, and bought the property (what's left of it after a portion was converted to farmland). Now they're working to rehab the camp, and open it for use by Scout troops and other youth organizations throughout the year - but primarily in the summertime.
    It would be nice to see the Boy Scouts revived after all the lawsuit trouble they've gone through. They were a good organization. They just need to avoid getting into that situation again which I think will be tricky, but it can be done.
    "Say the Word"

I watched the two championship matches of the Hermosa Beach volleyball tournament (menís and womenís).

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    It would be nice to see the Boy Scouts revived after all the lawsuit trouble they've gone through. They were a good organization. They just need to avoid getting into that situation again which I think will be tricky, but it can be done.
    Well, they're still in existence. It's just that they're currently doing some reorganizing after those suits (which, IIRC, involved numerous cases of sexual abuse on a nationwide basis), as well as revising their program to accommodate the changes in contemporary society. For instance, they now allow girls to join the Boy Scouts - which is something I never expected them to do in a million years.

Anyway, getting back on-topic:

I just watched a few more episodes of the 1966 "Batman" TV series starring Adam West on DVD tonight. The villains in these episodes were the Penguin, played by Burgess Meredith, and Mr. Freeze, portrayed by director Otto Preminger. And as I watched them, I was laughing at how hokey and corny those episodes really were, something I never picked up on as a naive seven-year-old back in 1966. Lord, it amazes me now at how seriously I took those shows back then!
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 07-16-2022 at 05:54 AM.

KP season 1 episode "The Twin Factor."

KP season 1 episode "Animal Attraction."